Monday 21 January 2013

All in 1 box

I make a lot of all in 1 boxes, usually to hold cards, so when I saw a picture of this unusual box I just knew I had to make it for Valentines.
 I love the way this box divides in the middle to reveal the secret box inside.
I made the box from kraft card.
 I matted the patterned paper onto black card, before I attached the top two pieces, I put the brads through. just to keep the inside of the box neat and tidy.
I then inked all the edges with black chalk ink, I wanted the edges black but not too heavy, does that make sense?
 I filled my box with Lindor chocolate bears, which were reduced but in date, they cost 15p, I was well pleased. I also added some Hershey's Kisses as it is for Valentine but you can't see them in the picture.
 To hold the box closed I wrapped black thread around the two brads (see top pic.)
I also added a tag stamped with dream and a stamped heart image.
I tried to find who originally made this box so to give them credit, Martha Stewart is who comes up the most, so I apologise if it was any one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment