Thursday, 9 February 2012
This darling little box holds one chocolate, just right for a loved one or for someone who has everything!!
Zana, who comes to the Craftbuddies Crop, put me onto a blog called 'min lille blogg', on it are the most delicate boxes and cards that I have seen for a long while. I adapted the instructions to suit me as I prefer to work in inches, this is my take on the chocolate box.
The heart edge is made from a fiskars punch that I bought second hand, a very good buy I think as it is just right for this project.
The little hearts are the punched out bits from the the edge with 2mm gems glued on.
The flower is made from a strip of white card concertinaed and glued together, unfortunately I forgot to measure how long the strip of card was before I made the flower. I made the flower centre from the same paper.
The chocolate fits snugly in the centre of the box. But not for long in my house!!
Sunday, 5 February 2012
This card has an antique feel to it.
For this card I first embossed gold miri card using the cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, I then rubbed dark grey acrylic paint over the miri card with kitchen towel. I left it dry for a minute then buffed the raised embossed parts of the card with a clean bit of kitchen towel. The strip of miri card across the bottom of the card has been coloured with red stazon, it looks even better when done using red acrylic paint. The effect is like antique gold.
Before I layered and matted the large miri card onto red card I attached black and red ribbon to the right hand side of the miri card. The heart was cut by my cricut and is attached to the card with foam tape.
Wednesday, 1 February 2012
It's that romantic time of year again creeping up on us.
This card looks better in real life! I used paper from my scraps box to cut out different size hearts, I then inked round some of them. Next I inked round a card blank using a brown DI. At first I put the hearts on the card without the pink strip of paper behind them but it didn't look how I had imagined the card, so I then put the pink strip in at that tied all the hearts together. Finally I used a rub on for the words, but this could easily have been hand written, stamped or printed.