Wednesday 6 July 2011

Stamp Holder

I regularly buy Craft Stamper magazine (which is fab) and save the stamps (which are great) but when you
have a whole pile of these free stamps where can you store them!

Well I made these boxes to store mine in.

They are made from cardstock 6.5"x7.5", which is scored, cut, glued then covered.
  Scroll down for the instructions.


 Cut cardstock to measure 6.5"x7.5".
Score at 2" on all four sides, then fold.
Cut where I have marked the red lines and fold in.
Glue in place with the flaps on the inside of the box.

 

Cut patterned paper to measure 2"x12"
  Starting at the back, attach to the outside of the box. (I used wet glue so I could slide the paper to where I wanted it) You will need to add another small piece of the paper at the back as the box is bigger than 12" all the way round.



Next add ribbon or co-ordinating paper to the top of the box, this finishes the box off nicely. Finally I stamped the word 'stamps' onto a scrap bit of card, cut round it and inked the edges then attached this to my box front.
 The finished box measures 2.5"x3.5", they look great lined up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment