Friday 28 March 2014

Mothers Day Frame

I love this box frame picture I have made, it looks strong yet delicate. And the inspiration for it came whilst I was tidying away left over chocolate, the chocolate box reminded me of a deep picture frame so I thought 'I could make one of those and put flowers in it!!'
 The frame is made from a sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock which I scored and cut to make the deep frame.
The backing paper is some that came free in a magazine which I then stamped swirls on with distress ink. Next I added glossy accents to some of the flowers and glitter that is not too shiny. Once the backing paper was dry I made up the frame with the paper in place that way I did not have to cut the backing paper to size!!
 The roses were die cut from paper scraps, teased into shape then had glitter added to them. I punched out the leaf shapes but as I was putting it together thought something was missing so I added silver mirri board mini flourishes.
To make the flowers even more 3D I mounted them onto a mini box shape made from the scraps of the outside frame.
Finally I punched out various sizes of butterflies from glitter card and vellum, attached the two together then added to the picture.
As you can see I have also added a Happy Mother's Day sentiment, not sure if this is for my Mum or Mother in law!! Or maybe I'll just keep it for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment