Saturday 26 October 2013

Bird House


 I have had this bird house for so long, I knew what I wanted to do with it but just never got round to doing it!!! Then a good friend told me she was moving and bingo, this house was decorated just like that!! She will love it as a new home gift.
 The house started off as bare wood, I inked every edge with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, then started to add the paper
I used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the roof top.
 I inked round the paper edges too before I glued them to the house.
 The roof is made of scrap card and paper I had which I put through my scallop edge punch, then layered up to like roof tiles.
The bird on the front is punched out in white card, using a stampin up punch that I managed to borrow, then I inked the bird in  colours to match his house.
The finishing touched were glitter glue and glossy accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment