Monday 9 September 2013

Advent Calendar

During the school summer holidays I have been thinking of Christmas, I have worked out a class for Tithe Barn on the 14th Sept which is a Christmas card and a mini box. But this is what I made for myself, a Christmas Countdown also known as a perpetual calendar when used throughout the year.
I found out which numbers go on which block from the internet.
I made the holder to fit the blocks, to find the size I measured both blocks then added 1/8 inch

 
I already had the blocks so I painted them cream, used distress inks on the edges then added the matts and numbers. I sprayed the numbers with spray and sparkle so they had a glittery effect.
I made the holder out of chipboard which I covered in my favourite Basic Grey paper and inked the edges. in fact the whole thing is made with Basic Grey papers, I am now feeling a bit lost as I have used them and cannot keep taking them out of the box to look at, I'm so sad!!
 The top is die cut using a Tim Holtz edger die. The words are rub ons I found stashed away and the baubles are from a Martha Stewart stamp and punch set with glitter added.
When I had finished this project I showed my son's girlfriend who love Christmas, she wants one made in blues so when I have finished it I will post the pics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment