Friday 25 November 2011

Key Card

I am so pleased at how this card turned out,
It has 'real' stitching on it, not the usual faux stitching I normally add, distress inks, glossy accents, glitter and a punched edge.
I bought the stamp from Karen at 'Craftbuddies' as I love keys, it was only £1.99 and worth every penny.
I started by stamping the image onto linen cardstock as I wanted an aged feel to the actual card.
I then inked up the card and put it to one side to dry.
This is when ,while waiting for it to dry (I didn't even think to use my heat gun) that I decided to add real stitching to the card.
AfterI matted the card front onto red card, I wrapped some of the thread around the bottom of the card, then attached it to the stitched panel.
I layered two punched edges, offset, to the right hand side of a card base. Next I attached the card front to the card base.
The finishing touch was to add glossy accents and glitter to the stamped keys, I used Stickles rock candy.
As it was Karen's birthday I  added the vellum happy birthday.
Next time I make this card and I will, I plan to add a key from a Primark necklace which was full of keys for only £4.

No comments:

Post a Comment