Thursday 3 March 2011

Vintage Suitcase


 This is what I have been working on today, I love all things vintage. It has turned out just how I wanted it to. The finished suitcase is 4"x3"x1.5", so it could  be used it as a gift box. I'm going to keep this safe and use it for Mother-in-laws birthday present.


Yesterday while I was out and about I saw a case like this in a shop window, it reminds me of the Tim Holtz Vagabond, I thought I can make that! Believe it or not I worked out the dimensions I wanted to use while I was at work, don't tell the boss, so once I got home I made the pattern up in scrap card to make sure everything would go together o'kay.


 I used bazzill light brown and dark brown card, the ink I used is Walnut Stain distress ink, I put it on every edge I could. The diecuts come from Craftwork Cards, not sure where the roses came from but I coloured them with distress inks as they were to bright.

I wonder if I made a larger Vintage Suitcase I could eventually replace it with the Vagabond and say I have had it ages, just a thought!

1 comment:

  1. Love this one Sheryl....I can see a class coming up :)

    ReplyDelete